The Video Games 2021 NEEDS Right Now

E3 is digital this year.  The ninth-generation game consoles are out...and game companies are looking to WOW us with new games.  When we finally see the lights dim on our work-from-home screens, a strong sense of euphoria will strike us as we see the reveals and release dates of oh-so-many digital delights.  But there are some that time has forgotten...some games that will not be dared to be announced or even released.  They are...the video games that 2021 needs right now...and I'm asking for them.

DEUS EX: Mortal Insurgency


Okay, so I made up the name based on the naming schemes of the past couple of titles, but I am very certain that using "Human", then "Mankind" may eventually transcend to a synonym that is equally as provocative.

Honestly, we need a new Adam Jensen Deus Ex game.  We're asking for this and we need to see the conclusion of his story.  I sincerely hope we get this gem and that it continues the strong story-pedigree that the series is known for!

SPLINTER CELL: Megiddo's American Dust


I know, I know.  I'm combining two theories from the past two Splinter Cell Games in order to focus on a plot around a mysterious organization trying to nuke the US and for Sam Fisher to take on the organization.  We need a true-to-form stealth game and this is about as good a time as any for one.  What do you think?

BIOSHOCK: Inertia


We've gone to the undersea city of Rapture in 1960.  We've seen the city of Columbia in 1912.  Can we please go to the city in the stars in 1984?

No, we don't need Booker and Elizabeth...but there's always a man...always a lighthouse...and always a city.  Well, it should be a female lead because we need to break the cycle!  But seriously: let's go to a space station in the stars.  We don't need aliens...we just need a city on the brink (or well past) and a hero to enter into its inner workings on a mission.  Would you kindly release this gem?

TITANFALL 3


Typically not one to be a fan of multiplayer, I must admit, Titanfall is a triumph.  But you know what was even better (and in every way)?  Titanfall 2's campaign.  I think we're due for another story that takes the Militia to the Capital of the IMC (Killzone 2 style) and demands us to reconnect Jack and BT.  That would be awesome!

ALRIGHT.  We've done the Pie-In-The-Sky Games.  Now I have two more that feel far-far less likely:

...

H
A
L
F
-
L
I
F
E

3

HALF-LIFE 3


HALF-LIFE 3
HALF-LIFE 3
HALF-LIFE 3

Yeah, I know, I know.  It's seriously dreaming the impossible dream to reach the unreachable star and all that jazz.  Normally, I'd agree with you.

BUT

Half-Life: Alyx released as a VR title last year.  That's a relatively expensive and niche platform to be able to enjoy games on to begin with.  What if that was ported (I know it won't be) OR we possibly get a true sequel to Half-Life 2's Episode 2.  Stranger things have certainly happened and it's worth a shot to dream.

What if Half-Life 3 is ALSO Portal 3?  Wouldn't that be lovely!  Hopefully that cake isn't a lie!!!

UGH.  Not happening.

Okay, calm down.

Final game.

I have not played the DLC yet (but really want to), but there is another title that deserves more levels and possibly another side-game as Bethesda is known to do with its IP recently.

I am of course talking about the one and only...

DOOM: ETERNAL (Full Expansion Game)


Hear me out.  DOOM Eternal was my Game of the Year last year...and I sucked at it for most of the time that I played it...but I got trapped in the FUN ZONE.  This is a truly exceptional game and everyone should play it and take the voyage to the fun zone with the Doom Slayer.

So, what exactly am I proposing?

Simple: a side game akin to Dishonored: Death of the Outsider or Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.  It would be amazing to have a small, bite-sized experience to expand onto the existing work and glory that is DOOM: Eternal.

These are just my thoughts of nearly impossible games.  What are you looking forward to?

P.S. A Mass Effect 3 sequel would have been on my list...but since that was technically announced in December, consider that wish very much fulfilled!


Until Next Time (Post E3)/

SF

Comments